AuthorMessage
Vaporeon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Vaporeon

Gold(Points) : 7643

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 pm

I've noted this once before on the chat itself. That chat is not really good. I've been told it's the chat for both sides, but I only see people talk about the RP site in flashes. It more or less makes 2 chats overly useless.

I am actually more or less bothered by that chatbox. Not so much that there are 2, but that it works practically far from anything I've seen and while at it, imo, not that good. You cannot see each others ranks. You cannot notice clearly if someone's online or not. Afk's are barely able to differentiate from not afk's. Smileys come up at total random. Amd that chat also is not usable if people are on a phone, which I heard from jounichi.

So, my suggestion personally is to remove this chat and use the pop up chat we have in the bottom right corner. With a bit of communicating I might even get a better one for that. And if you think, but then we have no chat for the RP or no chat that goes over both? That totally doesn't matter. I've been at countless forums, and there is no problem in talking about something not academy related in the academy chat, as long as it's not violating the rules, obviously. Added to that, the RP site has it's own chat and people can just log in that one as well when they want to talk without being disturbed about the RP.

All together, I hope the staff can consider this. I've tagged along a poll on the top of this post, so everyone can vote as well. It'll last for 5 days. That way you'll see what the members of the Academy want.

Love, C.C.~
Back to top Go down
jounichi93
jounichi93

Gold(Points) : 7539

Fortune spin
Energy Level:
The Chatbox Left_bar_bleue10/10The Chatbox Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:21 pm

i really am not feeling the other chatbox the whole making it invisible unless you log in has made the site lose a few potential recrits
i agree with the afk thing
if i tell someone there is a tester for them cuz it show that there is one it would be nice if it mteant they were actually there again we have lost recruits over that
the pop up one also needs to be scaled a little as the log in option is cut off on the screen
Back to top Go down
arveehere
Elite Member
Elite Member
arveehere

Gold(Points) : 20819
Humor : usa

Fortune spin
Energy Level:

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:11 pm

its immpossible for me to remove xat chat unless and untill i get a method of double account connected chatbox or i develop one which i ma do i ll be buying server of my own soon
Back to top Go down
https://gxacademy.forumotion.com
Vaporeon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Vaporeon

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 pm

But what's the point of that, if I may ask? I mean. Both have their own chatbox. What's the point in making one for both to access? Other then that I haven't seen this one in the RP site to begin with.
Back to top Go down

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:26 pm

i think the xat chat is good cause it is easier to interact with the new recruits
with other academys u have to regester to talk so it was hard for me to join other academies
so i think we should keep the xat chat and make it visible to evryone so it is easier to recruit
Back to top Go down
Gabriel_Fairfox
Gabriel_Fairfox

Gold(Points) : 7542

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:11 am

well if we don't have a 3rd party chat, and I am on my roleplay site which 90% , not of the time I am since I feel a lot more relaxed on my colour page, over a dark and gloomy and so lets say someone needs a test yet I am on my roleplay page, you exspect them to have to make account on ffda just to get a tester. Instead of 1 community with a range of interests (Note I havn't been advertising the role-play specifically yet 2 much. What your suggesting is just separate the 2 things and forget the whole 2 sides of the same coin.

Yes the xat has flaws but it always allows people to private message people, by simply clicking a name then private chat , making certain things a lot easier.

and c.c the reason u haven't seen this one in the role-play site is because you don't have a account in addition you have no interest in roleplaying and splitting the chatboxs would be splitting the community

Back to top Go down
Vaporeon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Vaporeon

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:25 pm

You're very wrong when saying I have no interest in role playing. I in fact own 2 Role Play sites myself, which regretably died due to nobody being able to go on. I very much do like to RP.

As for the chat, I simply see no need in having a chat that links the two forums. I just wanted to know how the rest of the people thought about it, and in case many people shared my opinion maybe something might be done about it. And by the looks of it, 50% are for keeping xat, and 50% are for removing it and using the one this site has.
Back to top Go down

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 pm

GUYS GIVE UP lets just make a new site...... for both of the clans or whatever
Back to top Go down

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm

ii dont get this whole topic
Back to top Go down
Vaporeon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Vaporeon

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Basically it's that the current chat we have is annoying for more then just 1 member. The fact that we have 4 people saying we should remove it and 3 people saying we should keep it already proves that fact.
Back to top Go down
(Bleach) Master
(Bleach) Master

Gold(Points) : 7468

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 pm

i kinda agree, the chat is annoying, it laggs when playing DN and you cant see the dorm, etc
Back to top Go down
arveehere
Elite Member
Elite Member
arveehere

Fortune spin
Energy Level:

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm

ok i think i might hve to keep the old chat
Back to top Go down
arveehere
Elite Member
Elite Member
arveehere

Fortune spin
Energy Level:

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm

ok i think i might hve to keep the old chat
Back to top Go down

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:41 am

even if we have not many people come to the chat i suggest we should keep the chat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Chatbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox   The Chatbox Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chatbox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GX Academy :: Important Areas :: Important Access ::        Questions & Suggestions-
Jump to: